Pharmaceutics is a science deal with Pharmaceutical Dosage forms which means API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) alone or with Excipient(s) turns into medication (Dosage form) to be used by the patient.
Dosage forms are which delivers the molecules to the site of action within the body.
Dosage forms classified according to as follows:
- Based on Route of Administration
- Based on Physical form
- Solid dosage forms include Tablets, Capsules, Powders, granules etc.,
- Semi-solid dosage forms include ointments, creams, gels etc.,
- Liquid dosage forms include Syrups, suspensions, emulsions etc.,
- Gaseous dosage forms include sprays, aerosols, nebulizer etc.,